GET ON BOARD!
Do you want to influence the career development community and make real professional connections? Then apply to join the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota Career Development Association (MCDA)!
MCDA is currently accepting nominations for the following positions through June 26th:
- President-Elect (3 year term)
- Secretary (2 year term)
- Trustee – 6 openings (2 year term)
All positions require MCDA membership at the start of the term. President-Elect also requires having completed a term on the MCDA Board of Trustees in the past 10 years. You can learn more about board responsibilities on the MCDA website (http://mcda.net/about-2/mcda-executive-board-and-board-of-trustees/mcda-board-responsibilities/)
Share Your Voice
Our board members are ambassadors who represent the mission and values of MCDA (http://mcda.net/about-2/mission/), serving our membership and the broad community of workforce development in Minnesota. This is an extraordinary opportunity for any career professional who is passionate about strengthening the leadership and governance of the career and professional development field in Minnesota.
Make a difference
MCDA is making a difference! Be part of Minnesota’s largest professional organization whose sole purpose is to support professionals working in career development.
Are you interested in being a part of our continued progress and improvement as we move our initiatives forward? We need your talents and perspectives!
We seek board members with diverse talents and personalities to participate in areas including:
- Web Technology
- Social Media
- Marketing and Publicity
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Passionate about and dedicated to the field of career development
- Committed to completing projects that benefit career professionals
- Able to attend one board meeting per month (in Twin Cities or via phone)
- Active team members who will participate in one or more board committees and contribute to their work
- Excited to value and honor diverse perspectives
Applications are due by Friday, June 26th and can be emailed to Wendy Griak, MCDA Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include a bio or background as well as a statement of interest. The document linked here provides examples you can use in drafting your application: http://mcda.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Nominations-Examples.doc.docx.
Questions? Reach out to one of our current board members to learn more about their experience.
- Pete Miller – email@example.com
- Annie Montemayor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janis Weller – email@example.com
- Nancy White – firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the application process, email email@example.com and we will be happy to respond as soon as we are able.
MCDA Nominating Committee:
Donna Bennett, President
Gordon Helle, Past President
Sharon Balke, President-Elect
Wendy Griak, Secretary